The big day is fast approaching. And whether it is the wedding of a family member, friend, son, daughter, or even a colleague, you want to give them a special wedding card to mark this momentous day and celebrate their love and happiness. But knowing what to write inside this special wedding card…? You’re a bit stumped. Fear not! This blog contains 27 thoughtful, non cheesy wedding card messages, to suit all kinds of couples and weddings, including same sex ceremonies.
These non cheesy wedding card messages show thought, care and love, without feeling cliched or over the top. Have a scroll and find some inspiration, or copy a few and stick them together to help you figure out what to write in a wedding card and create your own special wedding card verse. The happy couple will never know you found it on the internet, and they will feel so thrilled to receive such a special card to celebrate their wedding!
What do I write in a wedding card UK?
1. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together as husband and wife / husband and husband / wife and wife.
2. So excited to share the beginning of this new adventure with you both.
3. I / we are so so happy for you! Sending you so much love on your wedding day.
4. I / we have loved watching your relationship grow and flourish, and now I / we get to celebrate the beginning of this new chapter with you both too. Thank you for sharing this with me / us!
5. Today I / we will be raising a glass to two of the best people I / we know! I / we are so happy for you. Cheers!
6. I / we couldn’t imagine a more perfect pair. Here’s to a lifetime of love and happiness for you both as husband and wife / husband and husband / wife and wife.
7. I / we know there have been some hurdles to overcome, but you have handled it all so well. Your love and commitment to each other shines through, and I / we are so happy to celebrate with you today.
8. I / we hope you have the best wedding day. Congratulations!
9. It means so much to me / us to be part of your special day. Thank you for inviting me / us to share this with you.
Mr and Mr gay wedding card, £3.50
What do you write in a short and sweet wedding card?
10. I / we could not be happier for you. Two of the loveliest people I / we know, finally tying the knot!
11. So blessed to celebrate with you both as you take this beautiful next step in your relationship and say ‘I do’.
12. Wishing you a marriage full of love, laughter, and joy (and maybe some patience thrown in for good luck!).
13. Today marks the start of you spending the rest of your lives together as husband and wife / husband and husband / wife and wife. Enjoy every second!
14. I / we love you so much, and are so happy to share in your celebrations today as you get married.
15. You two are such a great team and double act. I / we cannot wait to see all the adventures you go on and experiences you share as a married couple.
16. I / we couldn’t be happier to welcome you into the family.
17. I / we love how happy you make each other, and how you support each other through everything. That right there is the foundation for a long and happy marriage.
18. Thank you so much for inviting me / us to share this special day with you.
Mrs and Mrs wedding card, £3.50
What is a good saying for a wedding card?
19. A day of good food, good wine, good friends, and great memories, to celebrate the beginning of your journey as a married couple. I / we couldn’t ask for more! Congratulations.
20. Your love, and this wedding day, has brought so much joy to so many. Thank you for letting me / us share in your happiness!
21. It’s been a long journey to get here, but I / we hope your wedding day is everything you have dreamed of.
22. Apologies in advance for crying all day, but I / we are so overwhelmed with happiness to watch you get married and celebrate your love. I / we love you!
23. I / we are so excited to share this special day with you. Let’s get this party started!
24. You both deserve all the happiness in the world. Congratulations on your wedding day.
25. From the moment you got together, I / we could see this was something special. It has been amazing to watch you grow as a couple, and now as husband and wife / husband and husband / wife and wife.
26. Now the real fun begins! Wishing you a beautiful wedding day, and a long and happy marriage together.
27. Some call this the happy ending, but really, it’s only the beginning. I / we cannot wait to see what adventures await you during married life. Congratulations!
I hope you found these non cheesy wedding card messages helpful. Hopefully you now feel full of ideas, and a lot more confident writing that wedding card you’ve been avoiding! Weddings are such a joyous and beautiful occasion, and that joy shouldn’t be ruined by stressing about what to write in a wedding card. It doesn’t have to be complicated. A simple, thoughtful message that comes from the heart in a beautifully designed wedding card will be a wonderful keepsake for the newlyweds for them to treasure and look back on as a memory of their special day.
All the images featured in this blog are of my original wedding card designs. So if you still need to buy a special wedding card for an upcoming celebration, please visit my online shop to explore the full range of wedding cards I have lovingly designed. Jess A Little Creative cards aim to be as inclusive as possible, so of course there are designs to suit a Mr & Mrs, Mr & Mr, or Mrs & Mrs! These wedding cards are all blank inside, so there is plenty of space to craft your non cheesy wedding card message now you know exactly what to write.
Thanks for reading, and happy wedding card writing! Jess x