Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is here to stay. It is a day for you to show your other half just how much they mean to you, with a beautiful Valentine’s Day card, special gift or thoughtful gesture (though remember there are 364 other days throughout the year to be kind and thoughtful too!). For some, prepping for a special Valentine’s Day feels easy and effortless - romantic gestures and talking about feelings comes naturally. But for others (not looking at anyone in particular… ahem), it is the source of much anxiety. And a big part of this can come from not knowing what to write in a Valentine’s Day card. So to help, I have written 23 special and thoughtful Valentine’s Day card messages for your partner, to take some of the pre-Valentine’s Day stress away. They will love receiving a special and thoughtful Valentine’s Day card written by you, and they don’t need to know the inspiration for the message came from the internet!
Am I right in thinking the mere thought of sharing your feelings on paper has your palms sweating and a lump forming in your throat? This Valentine’s Day card stuff makes you feel awkward. You know you love your partner, you’ve told them multiple times! You’re wondering why you have to jump through all these hoops just because it’s Valentine’s Day?! Honestly, it will mean the world to them that you have written a romantic and thoughtful message in a Valentine’s Day card, especially if they always get a sweet Valentine’s Day card for you too. They know this stuff doesn’t come easily to you, so will massively appreciate how much this has taken you out of your comfort zone. But you don’t have to do it alone! Knowing what to write in a Valentine’s Day card can be daunting, and staring at the blank inside of the card can be a little overwhelming. So have a read of the 23 special, thoughtful Valentine’s Day card messages for your partner that I have written in this blog. You can copy and paste them word-for-word, or use them as inspiration when you write your own Valentine’s Day card. I hope this goes some way to making your Valentine’s Day preparations stress-free, and maybe even enjoyable…!
What do I write in a Valentine's Day card?
1. I love all of our adventures, and the fun we have together. (You could make this more personal by talking about a memory of an adventure you’ve had together during the past year.)
2. Thank you for reminding me to laugh, be silly, and have fun, even on bad days. Happy Valentine’s Day!
3. Life wouldn’t be the same without you, I love you so much.
4. You are the kindest person, and I am so lucky I get to spend each day with you. (You could make this more personal by changing the adjective to something more appropriate e.g. loveliest, funniest, smartest, most caring, most generous…)
5. We have so much fun together and you make me so happy. Happy Valentine’s Day!
6. Thanks for always putting the bins out and feeding the cat, you’re the best! (You can personalise this with whichever jobs your partner does!)
7. Life is so much better with you in it. Happy Valentine’s Day!
What are some cute Valentine's sayings?
8. Thank you for being by my side during the good times, bad times, fun times and sad times. You make it all so much better.
9. I am the best version of myself when I am with you - you really do bring out the best in me!
10. I couldn’t imagine sharing my life with anyone else, you make me so happy.
11. You are such a special person and I am so lucky to have you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
12. Cuddled up on the sofa with you is my favourite place to be. I love the cosy life we have built together. (This can be personalised to whatever suits your relationship - it might not be cosy cuddles on the sofa, but something else instead! Use your imagination.)
13. Happy Valentine’s Day to my favourite person in the world!
14. You are my best friend and I love all our silliness and the things that make us, ‘us’.
15. We make such a great team and I love how we support each other through everything.
What is the most romantic thing to write in a Valentine's Day card?
16. We may have had some tough times, but we have come out the other side so much stronger. I love you so much!
17. We have so many amazing memories together, and I can’t wait to make more with you. Happy Valentine’s Day! (You could make this more personal by talking about some specific memories that mean a lot to you both.)
18. You’ve always been there for me throughout everything, and it means so much. I love you!
19. Thank you for always loving me exactly as I am. Happy Valentine’s Day!
20. Here’s to a Valentine’s Day filled with all our favourite things - good food, good wine, and lots of laughs! I love you! (You can personalise this with whatever your favourite things are!)
21. Happy Valentine’s Day to the most wonderful person I know. I am so lucky to have you.
22. I couldn’t ask for a more amazing person to share my life with. Thank you so much for everything you do. Happy Valentine’s Day!
23. Thank you for bringing so much love and happiness into my life! Happy Valentine’s Day.
So there you have it, 23 special and thoughtful Valentine’s Day card messages for your partner. I really hope you have found this useful and could take some inspiration from it, or copy a message or two from the list, for your own Valentine’s Day card. Sharing your feelings is not always easy, but will mean so much to your partner, and help bring you even closer together. Telling your partner how you feel doesn’t have to be overly dramatic or cheesy like you see in the movies. As you can see from the Valentine’s Day card messages written in this blog, a lot of love comes from the little everyday things your partner does that makes you laugh or brightens your day, and they are what you should be focused on when writing your Valentine’s Day card. Don’t feel the pressure to spill your heart out and write the world’s most romantic message. Be authentic, speak from the heart, and don’t put too much pressure on yourself! A Valentine’s Day spent focusing on what you love about your partner, spending precious time together, and feeling thankful to have such a wonderful person in your life, is a Valentine’s Day well spent. I hope you have a wonderful time together!
If you still need to buy a Valentine’s Day card for the big day, do check out my range of unique and beautiful Valentine’s Day cards. They are all printed on recycled card, packaged plastic-free, and feature my unique illustration style, to bring a smile to your partner’s face this Valentine’s Day. They’re also all blank inside, so you can put this blog to good use and write your own special message inside!
And if you need more help writing messages inside greeting cards, for all kinds of occasions, do check out my other blogs! I have a blog with thoughtful messages to write inside a wedding card, a blog for how to make writing your Christmas cards fun, plus loads of other useful hints and tips, so do go and check out the blog!
Love, Jess x