And just like that, it’s crept up on us yet again, December is here! It’s the month to don those snazzy Christmas jumpers, spend precious time with loved ones, indulge in delicious festive treats, and enjoy all the Christmas magic and sparkle in the air. December also often brings with it a long to-do list of tasks to complete before Christmas - one of those tasks being writing your Christmas cards. It can be so hard to think of what to write in each Christmas card, let alone come up with different messages for each person you’re sending to. When time and inspiration are lacking, writing your Christmas cards can quickly become stressful. But it doesn’t need to be, this blog is here to save the day! Save yourself time and stress when writing your Christmas cards by using this list of 34 thoughtful, heartfelt Christmas card messages for family and friends. You can copy them word-for-word, or add an additional sentence or two to the end to make them even more personal, and really transform your Christmas cards into special keepsakes for your loved ones to treasure.
In times like these, when money is tight and everyone is watching the pennies, a thoughtful and heartfelt Christmas card can mean just as much as any gift, in fact it can be even more special! Your family and friends will really appreciate receiving a beautiful Christmas card with a thoughtful message inside (and they never need to know the message came from the internet!). So read on to see all 34 thoughtful, heartfelt Christmas card messages for family and friends, and start deciding which messages you can use for your very own special Christmas cards.
Festive Foliage Christmas card, by Jess A Little Creative
What is a good message to put in a Christmas card?
1. Merry Christmas! Wishing you a very happy New Year filled with joy and fun.
2. Wishing you a Christmas filled with laughter, joy, love, and great food! (You can make this more personal by mentioning specific foods and activities you know they love.)
3. I / we hope you have a beautiful Christmas, creating special memories with your gorgeous family.
4. Wishing you a Merry Christmas full of fun, festivities, and fizz!
5. At this time of year, I’m / we’re so grateful to have special people like you in my / our life. I’m / we’re wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
6. Merry Christmas! I / we cannot wait to make more special memories with you during the next year. (Here you could add a memory of something you did together during the year that you really enjoyed, to make it even more personal.)
7. Thank you for being there for me this year, I couldn’t wish for a better friend / sister / aunty etc. Have the best Christmas ever! Loads of love.
8. Wishing one of my best friends a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you have an amazing time, you deserve it.
Mistletoe Christmas card, by Jess A Little Creative
How do you write a short Christmas message?
9. Sending warm wishes, joy and love to you and your family for this Christmas, and into the New Year.
10. I hope this Christmas brings you so much happiness, sending you strength and hope for the New Year. Thanks for being such a great friend / sister / niece etc.
11. It’s time to wind down, relax, and enjoy the festive season after a crazy year! I / we hope you have a wonderful Christmas time and New Year.
12. May your Christmas be joyful and bright! Sending lots of love this Christmas, and into the New Year.
13. Sending Christmas hugs and warm wishes, can’t wait to see you soon and celebrate!
14. Wishing you peace and joy this Christmas, and better days ahead for an exciting New Year.
15. Sending you hugs this Christmas. Enjoy a break and rest, and take some time to care for yourself.
16. Merry Christmas! Hope you have a fabulous time, with the fizz flowing right into next year, cheers! (You can replace fizz with their favourite tipple to make it more personal.)
17. I hope this Christmas gives you a chance to rest, recharge your batteries and enjoy some downtime. You deserve it!
Snow Christmas card, by Jess A Little Creative
What are the most popular phrases on Christmas cards?
18. May your Christmas be merry and bright, and the coming year be filled with happiness and joy.
19. I / we hope you have a fantastic Christmas surrounded by family and loved ones.
20. May your Christmas be joyful, and your New Year sparkle! Sending lots of love.
21. Christmas greetings! Sending love and good wishes to you at this special time of year.
22. I / we hope your holiday season is full of fun, laughter and good food! Enjoy.
23. Warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas, and a very happy New Year. Have fun and enjoy the break.
24. Have a magical Christmas and enjoy all the fun and celebrations!
25. Thinking of you at this special time of year. Thanks for everything this year, you’re one in a million! Merry Christmas.
26. Merry Christmas! Let’s raise a glass to a great New Year, and many more happy and fun memories shared together.
Robin Christmas card, by Jess A Little Creative
What are some cute Christmas sayings?
27. Happy Christmas to you, my lovely friend / neighbour / brother. Have a great time celebrating, I’m / we’re sending you so many good wishes for the coming year.
28. I / we hope your Christmas is filled with joy this year. Have a great time!
29. I’m / we’re so grateful to have a special person like you in my / our life this Christmas, and all throughout the year.
30. I’m / we’re here for you during this Christmas, and always. Sending love and hugs for a peaceful Christmas and New Year.
31. You always make this time of year so much fun! Thank you for the wonderful memories in the lead-up to Christmas. Have an amazing time with your family.
32. The great memories we have shared this year bring a smile to my face, thank you for everything! Have an amazing Christmas and Happy New Year. (You could mention some specific memories here to make it more special.)
33. Friends / family like you make Christmas magical. Thanks for bringing so much laughter and joy to my / our life. Sending you so much love this Christmas and New Year.
34. Merry Christmas! Wishing you health, happiness and laughter for the coming year.
Unique typographic Christmas card, by Jess A Little Creative
So there you have it, 34 thoughtful, heartfelt Christmas card messages for family and friends, to help make writing your Christmas cards quicker, easier, and more enjoyable! There are messages there for family, friends, and loved ones near and far, so pick and choose the ones you like, personalise them, or copy them just as they are, to ensure your Christmas cards are thoughtful and heartfelt this year.
Bonus tip: Practicing gratitude is a great way to ensure writing your Christmas cards is a fun and satisfying task. Reminding yourself of the wonderful people in your life, and the joy they bring to you, will help make writing those cards a real joy. For more tips, check out 5 ways to make writing your Christmas cards fun. And if you still need to buy some unique and special Christmas cards, check out my Build Your Own Christmas Card Multipack for a unique and beautiful Christmas card multipack, or Individual Christmas cards for one or two special Christmas cards. Thanks so much for reading, I really hope you have found this useful!
Wishing you a stress-free and joyful Christmas card writing experience,